Zaid Al-Faham, MD, MPH
I believe in the early and non-invasive intervention to get the worker back to work healthy and safely. Dealing with workers’ compensation could be frustrating; my extensive training and education in the occupational medicine field will help you overcome the hassles that you could encounter when getting back to work. At TDC, we will work with you as a team and assist you in each step to get you back to work.
Why The Doctors Clinic:
I was drawn to TDC because of the friendly working environment. TDC provides multiple services that could be utilized in the healing and rehab process. We all work together as one team to get you back to work and back to health.
Joined The Doctors Clinic:
Experienced in providing the following services:
1. Workers’ compensation related services, injury and illness treatment, Chemical and environmental exposure evaluations, Blood borne pathogen prophylaxis and exposure management, and allergy skin prick testing.
2. Hearing conservation and respirator clearance exam.
3. Physical exams for: HAZMAT, HAZWOPER, Pre-Placement, Post-Offer and annual Exams, Police, Fire Fighters, Workplace Fitness for Duty, return to work evaluations, surveillance and OSHA-mandated exams such as: Asbestos, Lead, and Pesticides.
4. Travel medicine and global health.
Associations / Honors / Awards:
Member of American college of occupational medicine
Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging prize for best oral presentation: Travel grant to attend and present at the 2015 Sino-American Conference in Shanghai, China. 2015.
Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award. Radiological Society of North America. 2016.
Summa Cum Laude, West Virginia University, 2018
I authored more than twenty peer reviewed publications. I also presented posters, research abstracts, and lectures nationally. Selected publications:
1. Al-Faham Z, LeBouf R, Nett R. Tobacco and other occupational exposures among hookah bar workers. Am J Ind Med. 2018 Apr. PMID: 29655207
2. Al-Faham Z, Jolepalem P. Use of SPECT-CT with 99mTc-MDP Bone Scintigraphy to Diagnose Symptomatic Os Acromiale. J Nucl Med Technol. 2015 Feb. PMID: 25655344
University of Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic, M.D. Degree 2009
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, Master of Public Health (MPH) Degree in Occupational and Environmental Health 2018
Residency / Fellowship:
St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital, Pontiac, MI, Transitional Year 2012-2013
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Royal
Nuclear Medicine 2013-2016
Chief resident, 2015-2016
West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2016-2018
Certification / Licensure:
1. NIOSH-approved spirometry training certificate.
2. Certified occupational hearing conservationist.
Spending time with my wonderful wife and two kids!