Hand therapists are occupational therapists or physical therapists who have advanced training and experience to treat conditions affecting the hands, wrists and the upper extremity. A Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) is the credential recognized as the benchmark for excellence in the specialized care.
At The Doctors Clinic, the hand therapist works closely with the physicians to provide a continuum of care following injury, surgery, or conservative treatment and preventative care.
Common Conditions Treated
and inflammatory diseases
conditions such as carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndrome
and repetitive strain injuries
- Traumatic injuries such as fractures, sprains, strains, amputations, and tendon or nerve lacerations
Procedures and Services
- Custom upper extremity splinting
- Ergonomic worksite assessment
- Fine motor control intervention
- Joint protection techniques and instruction in activity modification
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Occupation-based treatment strategies
/ Post-injury care and rehabilitation
- Therapeutic exercise
and scar care
To learn more about the physicians that offer these services please click on the names listed to the right, or for an appointment call (360) 830-1321.