Helping you achieve long-term relief from pain.
Hand therapists are occupational therapists or physical therapists who have advanced training and experience to treat conditions affecting the hands, wrists and the upper extremity. A Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) is the credential recognized as the benchmark for excellence in the specialized care.
At The Doctors Clinic, our hand therapists work closely with our patients’ physicians to provide a continuum of care following injury, surgery, conservative treatment and preventative care.
Common Conditions Treated:
- Arthritis and inflammatory diseases
- Nerve conditions such as carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndrome
- Tendinitis and repetitive strain injuries
- Traumatic injuries such as fractures, sprains, strains, amputations, and tendon or nerve lacerations
- Common Procedures and Services
- Custom upper extremity splinting
- Ergonomic worksite assessment
- Fine motor control intervention
- Joint protection techniques and instruction in activity modification
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Occupation-based treatment strategies
- Post-operative / Post-injury care and rehabilitation
- Therapeutic exercise
- Wound and scar care
Click on the providers’ images below to learn more about our Hand Therapy team.