We’re here to help you live a healthy and active life.
Most of you are familiar with allergy problems, however, very few people understand the term “Immunology.”
The immune system protects us from the outside environment so we can all lead a healthy life. Any dysfunction in the immune system can result in several diseases that we deal with in day-to-day life. The immune system consists of many different types of cells, and these cells make antibodies and mediators.
The combination of these mediators and antibodies works to keep us healthy. If they do not function, people develop a group of diseases called immunodeficiency diseases. A common example that we all know now is AIDS, which is caused by the HIV virus that attacks the immune cells.
Allergists are physicians who are specially trained to diagnose, treat and manage patients’ allergies, asthma and immunologic disorders. These can include primary immunodeficiency disorders, common to very rare conditions across all ages and the body’s organ systems, the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology states.
The immune system is a key to keeping us healthy. Even though as allergists and immunologists we do not deal with all immune-related diseases, we have a deep knowledge of how the immune system works and how to diagnose such conditions.
Our team currently offers the following services to best take care of you and your family’s allergy and immunology health:
- Skin prick testing for environmental and food allergy
- Blood testing for environmental and food allergy
- Exhaled nitric oxide
- Patch testing for contact dermatitis
- In office oral challenges to foods and medications
- Subcutaneous allergen immunotherapy for environmental and stinging insect allergy
- Sublingual immunotherapy for select environmental allergies
- Cutting edge biologic treatments for a variety of conditions such as Xolair, Fasenra and Dupixent
- Comprehensive laboratory services
- Ability to work closely with other specialists including Dermatology, Pulmonary and ENT
Click on the providers’ images below to learn more about our Immunology team. If you are a new patient, please fill out this paperwork and bring it to your first appointment.